- Gambit is a 5 year, 4 mo. old Australian Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher & Mixed in Port Hueneme, CA
- He is primarily our guard dog, but he is friendly and attention-loving once he's properly introduced to the person/dog. - He is our only dog so he loves playing with other social dogs and has done well in off leash dog social situations/areas, dog daycare, and facility social boarding. - He's neutered, up to date on all shots with a recent annual exam, and takes NexGard and HeartGard as a preventative measure. - He's a leash puller and gets excited wanting to meet other dogs. - He loves playing fetch with a ball or frisbee and playing with other dogs. - Due to breed and being a guard dog, he will chase people if they are running and nip at ankles/legs. Barks at strangers and movement when inside house and in backyard. Will bark at wildlife and chase after them if in sight. - He will sneak bites of your food if you're not looking and waits anxiously for food to fall on ground. - We say "Away" whenever we want him to give space or back away from an area. - Mostly stays indoors, but prefers to follow where everyone and dogs are.
- Sex: Male
- Age: 5 years, 4 mo. old
- Weight: 70 lbs
- Breed: Australian Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher & Mixed
- Tracking Chip: Yes
- Neutered: Yes
- House Trained: Yes
Will scratch at door/surface near door signaling to go out.
- Gets along with children: Yes
Kid-friendly, but not always mindful of maintaining space around kids when running around and may play too rough with small children.
- Gets along with other dogs: Yes
As long as other dogs are friendly to him, so is he. He likes meeting and playing with other dogs.
- Gets along with cats: No
Will chase cats and small wild animals.