Spayed and Neutered Dogs
No Females in Heat
Bailey had a wonderful time there with her new pup friends.
This was William and our first time at Barbara’s and we couldn’t have been happier with the experience. The daily updates were so wonderful to receive and William seems very happy. He is a runner and Barbara’s property was perfect for him. We feel very lucky to have found Barbara and thankful for her willingness to take William over the Christmas period.
47 Yrs. Experience. Senior Friendly
47 Years Experience Caring For Dogs.
A FLAT home for SENIORS. Over the last 46 years, we have had many different pets in America and abroad: dogs and cats, horses, dairy goats, sheep, ducks, geese, chickens, and even rabbits.
EMERGENCIES: Last minute emergencies happen. We don't like emergencies or last minute changes in our well laid plans, but that is a part of life. Please contact me and I usually am flexible enough to accommodate ...
What Barbara would like to know about your dog
- Are they escape artists? As in fence jumpers or diggers that go over or under my tall fence? If so, they must be crate trained.
- Do they howl and/or bark non-stop when left alone for even a few minutes?
- Are they on Prozac or other medications for high anxiety issues?
- Is your dog recovering from surgery? How many weeks out? Extra fees apply for the extra level of care that will be required. We can discuss this in person.
- I would like to know if your dog is comfortable with teenagers and other dogs?
- What things upset them?
- Are there any health issues or medicines that they need to take?
- Are they food aggressive and/or aggressive with other dogs?
- Has the dog ever bitten anyone?
- Crate-trained pets should come with their crate and their blanket(s) so that they can have a comfortable space whenever I am out of the house.
***** Extra fees apply for certain elevated levels of care, but that can be discussed further in person.
***** All dogs must be completely house trained, except puppies, spayed or neutered, and up to date on their shots including bordetella for kennel cough.
***** I do not accept the following breeds: Cats (I love them, but I board dogs), Beagles, Blue Heeler, Pomeranian, Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, American Bully, Pit bull-bull Terrier, Pit bull mixes which includes the American Staffordshire Terrier, Australian Cattle Dog, Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, Coon Hounds, and Spanish Mastiff.
***** I do not accept dogs that have high anxiety, high separation anxiety, and are on the animal equivalent of prozac or the like, or bark or howl loudly and constantly.