Congratulations on receiving your Business Account email from Yelp! If you haven’t already, email Yelp@Rover.com with a link to your profile so we can help you optimize your listing.
Step 2: Claiming Your Business Page
1. Click the link inside the email from Yelp to claim your business page. This makes it so you can edit your business details.
2. When the page opens, click Claim My Business.
3. Enter your first and last name.
4. Enter your email address.
5. Choose a password.
6. Click continue.
The next screen will ask you to verify your phone number. Click the “Call Me Now” button. A computer will call you and ask you to enter the code number that is displayed on your computer screen using your phone’s number pad.
This will bring you to a Yelp page that says “Congratulations, you have claimed your business page.” Click “Go to your Yelp for Business Owners Dashboard.”
Adding Your Business Information
On the left side, under “Your Business” click on “Business Information.”
Step 3: Optimize your Yelp page
1. Next to “Basic Business Information” click on “Edit.”
2. Keep the address line 1 and 2 boxes blank.
3. Delete your phone number.
4. Make sure your website address is your short URL for your Rover profile.
5. Make sure Pet Boarding/Pet Sitting and Dog Walkers are listed under categories.
6. Click “Publish.”
Next to “Service Area,” click on “Edit” Make sure your city and state or zip code are displayed. Click “Save and Publish.”
Below “Hours” make sure it displays as Monday through Sunday, 6am to 6am. If not, click on “Edit” and adjust your hours so every individual day of the week is 6am to 6am. Then, click on “Publish.”
1. Next to “Business Specialties”, click on “Add Specialties”
2. Enter the main description of your business. Write about the services you offer and the prices you charge. Make sure you include a few keywords like dog boarding or dog sitting. 3. Include your custom promo code and explain that new Rover users can get $20 off their first stay by using it.
4. Click on “Publish.”
1. Next to “History” click on “Add History”
2. Under “In what year was this business established” type in the year you started pet sitting.
3. Under “What’s the history of this business” describe your history with pet sitting, even if it’s just been for friends & family. If you grew up with pets, you can talk about that experience. Write about what inspired you to become a Rover pet sitter. Again, Include a few key phrases in your writing like “dog boarding” or “pet sitter.”
4. When you’re done, click on “Publish.”
1. Next to “Meet the Business Owner” click on “Add Bio”
2. Under “what is the name of the the person in the bio” type in your first name and last initial.
3. Next to “what is their role at this business” click on the drop down menu and select “Business owner.”
4. Write a personal bio. This can include any information you want to share that you did not write about in Specialties or History. You can write about your current pets, your education, your home, even your hobbies. Filling out this section helps dog owners see that you are friendly, trustworthy, and someone they can relate to.
5. Under “Bio photo” upload a picture of yourself.
6. Click on “Publish.”
1. Under “Your Business,” click on “Photos.”
2. Upload photos from your Rover profile, previous stays, or other images of your home, yourself, and your pets.
Yelp users can start using the page to review your pet sitting services. However, please keep in mind that Yelp will only display reviews from users who have previously written reviews on Yelp. If you have friends, family members, or previous clients who actively use Yelp to review local businesses, you can let them know that you have a Yelp listing too.
Now email Yelp@Rover.com so we can help you optimize your profile.
Trademarks used in this article do not imply any affiliation with Rover.com or endorsements of Rover.com by those companies.