At Rover.com, we’re inspired by people who love dogs as much as we do. We can learn a lot from observing and incorporating the lessons of life and love that dogs selflessly provide. From helping you “pop the question” to the love of your life, to being front-and-center on your wedding day, dogs are steadfast by your side until death do you part.
We want to tell your story of how your dog has inspired you to live your life to its fullest with the (human) love of your life. In the spirit of wedding season fast approaching, we also want to help offset some expenses from your wedding because, let’s face it, weddings aren’t cheap.
Share your story with us in a 500 – 1000 word essay, and we’ll choose our favorite to share with our readers on our blog. To say thank you, we’ll pay off one of your wedding expenses, up to $1,000. To be eligible, you’ll have to have been married, or be getting married, within a year.
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of loving and trustworthy pet sitters and dog walkers. Discover, book, and manage personalized care for your dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
How to Enter:
- Answer our question in 500 – 1000 words (response must be written in English).
- Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name, your (future) spouse’s name, dog’s name, and wedding date at the top.
- Share a link to your wedding website, or upload a copy of your wedding invitation or “save the date” notice to an image hosting service (like imgur) and share the link to your image on the hosting service.
- Fill out our form.
- Submit by October 31st, 2017.
In 500-1000 words, answer the following question:
In what ways has your dog’s presence in your life contributed to your outlook on love and life with your spouse, or soon-to-be spouse?
We’re looking for inspirational essays that encompass your connection to your dog and how that flows into your life with your spouse.
Here are some questions to get you going:
- Was your dog a part of your wedding? Why or why not?
- What have you learned about love and life by observing your dog?
- Did your dog “help” you meet your spouse? What stood out about joining all of your lives together in such a meaningful way?
To Be Eligible
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who’s a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You will have had to become or will become married in a wedding ceremony within a year of your entry date.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants us full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to promote Rover or other third parties.
How to Win
Your essay will be judged based on:
- Emotional impact of the essay – fifty percent (50%)
- Quality of composition – thirty five percent (35%)
- Grammatical accuracy – fifteen percent (15%)
There will be one winner, granted up to $1000.
We’ll choose and notify the winner by November 30th, and we’ll mail the winner a check of their winning amount.