- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
A dog water bottle is an essential item to have around when you’re out and about with your dog—especially in hot summer months. Of course, water is a necessity in any season. But in summer weather, when heat stroke and dehydration become very real risks, it’s vital to have fresh water available at all times.
Dog water bottles and travel bowls are great for hikes, beach trips and other outdoor activities with your dog. They let you carry water with you, and make it easy to give your dog a drink anywhere, from the side of a trail to a country pub garden Read on to learn how to choose a dog water bottle or travel bowl, and see our suggestions for the best of both!
There are lots of dog travel bowls and water bottles available. But which one is right for you? Consider what activities you and your dog partake in during summer months.
For hikers, beach adventurers and dog park devotees, dog water bottles are a great choice. They offer a container and bowl all in one and make it easy to give your dog a drink wherever you are.
If you’re car camping or hanging out at the local park, a travel dog bowl fits the bill. These lightweight, portable bowls can be filled from drinking fountains or spigots, and set on the ground for easy access. Plus, they double as food bowls so you can feed your dog on the go too.
Of course, you might want both. I carry a water bottle in my backpack during outings on foot and keep a travel bowl in the trunk of my car for road trips and beyond.
With these dog water bottles and travel bowls, your dog will stay hydrated wherever you go, from the park to the car and beyond.
H204K9 makes this metal water bottles with a lid-bowl attachment for dogs on the go. The model has a rugged outer shell designed to insulate the bottle and keep it safe from impact. It’s a great choice for hiking, backpacking and other outdoor adventures.
- Twist top lid lets you pour unused water back in the bottle
- BPA-free large capacity lid-bowl has deep trough so your dog can drink naturally
- Stainless steel won’t mould, rust or dent
This portable, spill-proof travel dog water bowl is top-rated for use in a camper van or car.
- Made from BPA free plastic
- Won’t spill even if flipped over
- Large capacity: holds up to 2.84l of water
- Perfect for multiple dogs
With an innovative design, this affordable plastic water bottle with attached silicone bowl is great for everyday outings with your dog.
- Clips to your waistband or fits in a side compartment of a backpack for easy access
- Made from super-durable, lightweight plastic
- Offers replacement if not leakproof as promised
- Comes in several bright colours
This bottle has a push button which allows water to flow from the bottle into the attached bowl. The bottle hold 550ml, perfect for thirsty pooches on hot days.
- Made from BPA-free plastic
- Easy to fill and clean
- Attractive pastel colours
Available as a set of three on in singles, these super-affordable collapsible bowls save a ton of space.
- Portable and convenient, just pop open and fold away
- Made from food-grade silicone. Pet-safe and easy to clean
- Durable, reusable and dishwasher safe
This complete dog travel bowl kit is ideal for road trips, camping and extended travel. It includes a food bag and two grease-proof, waterproof bowls.
- Lightweight and durable, constructed from heavy duty canvas with a waterproof lining
- Made with food-safe materials
- Large-capacity food bag has a roll-top enclosure with a buckle that doubles as a carrying handle
Touted as a one-handed hydration system, this bottle/bowl combo fits in any standard car cupholder.
- Just squeeze the bottle to deliver water to the attached bowl
- Adjustable hook-and-loop strap with carabiner attaches the bottle to your waistband or backpack
- Food safe and BPA free
With the right dog water bottle and travel bowl, you and your pooch can enjoy a fun and fully hydrated summer. If you want further information on travelling with your pet or a full range of great pet bowls for home and away, take a look at the links below.