As most dog owners and sitters know, having treats close by and ready to dispense is very handy, especially if you’re training a feisty puppy or walking a hound who has a nose with a mind of its own! A portable treat pouch to keep pet treats fresh and ready to dole out as a reward for good behaviour is very convenient. Luckily, there are a variety of treat pouches out there to help you positively reinforce good behaviour in your dog.
Selecting the right treat pouch is all about your needs as a pet owner. Maybe you could use a treat pouch to clip to your trousers or buckle around your waist for quick-draw treat extraction, or perhaps a crossbody bag with multiple compartments is more your speed.
Whatever features you prefer, you will find your perfect match (on any budget) in this list of durable, convenient, and highly-rated treat pouches. Let’s dig in!
This heather grey treat pouch from Ruffwear is ergonomically designed to mould to your hip for “all-day comfort,” and made from water-resistant fabric that will keep your pet’s treats fresh and dry—even on rainy days. It also boasts a unique magnet clasp, a small carabiner to add a training clicker, and a small external pocket for storing everything from poop bags to a spare house key.
- The pouch is large enough to carry treats as well as dog toys
- Reviewers say you can hardly feel it when it’s clasped on, and moulds to your body comfortably
- Can be worn on a belt or over the shoulder
The Chuckit Treat Tote is perfect if all you need is a no-frills treat pouch. This treat pouch holds two cups of treats and has a drawstring closure that makes it easy to toss a good boy a treat while also keeping out inquiring noses.
Plus, it’s made from durable pack-cloth fabric and lined to prevent wear and tear and keep out moisture.
Other features we like:
- Simple lightweight design great for those who want to just carry treats and nothing else
- Drawstring closure ensures freshness of treats
- Small and discreet design keeps dogs from getting distracted during training sessions
The PetSafe Sport is another great option if you’re looking for a simple, low-profile treat pouch.
Some notable features include:
- A special hinge that stays open for easy access to treats when you need them
- Options to wear around your waist or clipped to your waistband
- A front pocket to hold your phone and cards
- An easy to clean, water-resistant lining
This hard-working treat pouch is also a poop bag carrier and small essentials bag that can be worn three different ways: around your waist, clipped to your belt, or carried over the shoulder like a handbag.
We also like:
- Constructed of lightweight, rugged nylon that protects treats and belongings from weather
- Large capacity easily stores treats, poop bags, even a ball for the park
- External zipper compartment is perfect for carrying your phone and cards
Reviews indicate this treat bag is a favourite among professional dog trainers because of its large-capacity pouch with a magnetic strap that works quickly and well. The pouch is also water-resistant and comes in four attractive colours.
Reviewers love it because it’s hands-free and, even when the other small zipped pockets are full of other items, it’s not big or bulky to carry.
Other notable features:
- Comes in blue, purple, and red (plus basic black)
- Clips to belt or fastens around waist
- Magnetic clasp is quick and easy to use
If cleaning the nooks and crannies of a small fabric treat pouch seems nightmarish, this silicone treat pouch is for you. This BPA-free, dishwasher safe pouch is beyond easy to clean. It also has an easy-access magnet closure, clips easily to your waistband, and comes in several fun, bright colours.
Other favourable aspects to consider:
- As it’s dishwasher-safe, it’s good for extra-stinky treats
- Inexpensive compared to other options on the market
- Silicone is lightweight to carry
This pouch is designed for pet owners who’d like to avoid clips and straps. This slim, discreet pouch attaches by a magnet to pant waistbands, tote bags, etc.
Other things we like:
- Doubles as a pouch for runners to carry their keys, phone, and cash while on the go
- Small size and secure magnet clasps make it ideal for high-energy dog activities
- Water-resistant inner pocket keeps treats fresh and dry in heavy rains
For those looking to avoid a rather utilitarian look, PetAmi offers one of the more stylish bag-like pouches, available in beautiful vibrant colours. But it’s more than style. PetAmi’s treat pouch is marketed as a “training tote” because it has the capacity to carry treats, toys, clickers, poop bags, and whatever else you may need.
Plus, the removable strap allows you to carry this cute pouch in three ways: cross-body, around the waist, or attached with the metal clip to your belt.
Other features of note:
- Attractive and versatile to wear; can be hands-free
- External poop bag dispenser on back of tote
- Front zipper pouch for phone and cash
Ezydog’s treat pouch bag can be worn with twin belt hooks or an adjustable waist strap. Unlike many fabric treat pouches, Ezydog designed theirs with cleaning in mind; the inside lining can be pulled out for a scrub down.
What’s more, it has highly reflective trim, making it ideal for night outings with your pup.
Other notable qualities:
- Front zip pocket hold keys and other essentials
- Comes in different colours
- Convenient magnetic top closure
If you’re looking for durable, versatile, high-quality dog treat pouches, each of these well-reviewed options has the potential to meet a different need. In the end, it just depends on what you, the dog owner, is looking for, and how many treats you’re looking to carry! Whichever one suits your fancy, your dog is sure to rejoice at the fact his favourite treats are so close at hand!
- Our Top 8 Healthy Training Treats
- The Secret to Clicker Training: How to Make it Work for You and Your Dog
- Bell Training for Dogs: It Really Works. Here’s How.
- Don’t Call it ‘Treat Training’: Why and How to Use Rewards in Dog Training
Featured image: Amazon