No. Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains methylxanthines like caffeine and theobromine, which dogs cannot break down like we can. Chocolate poisoning can cause severe symptoms and even death. In addition, high amounts of sugar and fats are unhealthy for dogs, and can cause pancreatitis which can be painful and even fatal. Call your vet if you think your dog has eaten fudge.
Symptoms to Watch For
- Increased body temperature
- Rapid breathing
For More Information
We have so many posts on foods that are safe, dangerous or even toxic for dogs to eat. There is a huge variety of “human food” that is healthy for your dog to eat, while others can be toxic and dangerous. Find out which fruits and veg are good for your dog here and which spices and seasonings are ok to give to your furry little buddy here.
We’ve created these articles to ensure you’re informed on feeding your dog a wonderfully varied diet while learning the limitations of a dog’s sensitive digestive system. And while we know our stuff when it comes to anything dog-related here at Rover.com we also have loads of fantastic dog walkers and sitters, many of whom offer dog boarding in your area, so take a look if you’re ever in a jam!