Even with a lovely coat of fur, Greyhounds are a breed of dog that benefit from extra protection, even if the weather’s not that cold. Their skin is relatively thin and they contain little body fat, which means they feel the cold easier than most.
Greyhound owners have to be prepared with raincoats, jumpers, neckerchiefs and booties for their pooch. Since all this clobber’s necessary, it would be rude not have a little fun with it, right?
The following pups are proof that Greyhounds totally own winter fashion:
20 Times Greyhounds Totally Owned Winter
1. This big baby loves superheroes (and snow) a bit too much.
2. That’s one cute Greyhou… giraffe?
3. Just look at this itty bitty one. Just look.
4. This guy wanted all the layers.
5. These Reservoir Dogs are suited and booted!
6. Zappa the Italian Greyhound’s perfecting his selfie.
7. This tiny fashionista can’t decide what to wear for her blog‘s latest lookbook.
8. Now that’s what I call a sheepdog!
9. Have a dose of toasty and matching iggies. Look at those fluffy coats!
10. That’s one incredibly cheerful Christmas elf…
11. This iggy looks like she isn’t too sure of her outfit herself. We don’t blame her. Yikes!
12. Kasey the 3-legged greyhound is ready to romp in the snow, who needs 4 legs!
13. This Italian Greyhound looks really rather concerned about catching a cold.
14. These shelter pups had santa hats made especially for them. Next step: a forever home!
15. Does my nose look big in this?
16. New Kid On The Block Lucky looks really proud of his new 90s getup!
17. This adorable Whippet is all set for bed.
18. Chilly weather doesn’t mean you can’t still rock a pirate jumper.
19. You know Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen? Well…
20. …meet the remaining reindeer!
Which of these outfits is your favourite? Do you get a kick out of dressing your dog up in ridiculous garb this time of year? Let us know in the comments! Greyhound or not, share your crazy winter doggie pictures with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram tagging us @DogBuddyCo.