We’re so exited you’re interested in becoming a sitter or dog walker with RoverGO! At this point, you’ve completed your background check, coaching session, and phone screen. The next step: your RoverGO photoshoot, where a professional photographer will take high-quality photos for your profile. Here’s how to make sure your photos capture the real you.
You’re comfortable with a leash and you’ve made dog hair a fashion statement, but how do you make a good impression with dog owners? During your photoshoot, make sure to:
- Wear something comfortable. You want to look your best for your shoot, so put on something you’re happy to be photographed in.
- Bring props. A jacket, hat, or other article of clothing make your photos more natural by adding variety.
- Include your friends and family. If anyone else is helping you care for your Rover dogs, make sure they’re in some of the photos so owners know who else is looking after their dog.
- Avoid logos. Shirts with logos or emblems on them are distracting to potential clients.
- Smile. It’s a great way to appear warm and approachable on your profile.
When it comes to an exciting profile, dogs are a must. Whether you bring your own dog or borrow a friend’s, confirm that you have:
- Well-groomed dogs. Remember, potential clients will be assessing your dog care skills.
- Clean accessories. Make sure your leashes, collars, and harnesses are in good shape.
- Toys and treats. Bring their favorite toy or some treats to make sure that they look happy and interested in the photos. You can even bring some dog props like clothes or bandanas to make your profile really shine.
Once you and your dogs are camera-ready, it’s time to take a look at where your photoshoot is going to take place.
If You Offer Services in Your Home
Do you offer dog boarding or doggy day care? Pet parents want to know what their dog’s vacation home looks like. To ensure your home looks its best:
- Open all blinds or curtains. Natural light is great for photography. It’ll make your home bright and welcoming.
- Clear surfaces and put away clutter. Even if items normally live on counters, they should be tucked away for the photoshoot. Be sure to put away dirty dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum, wipe down surfaces, and fold blankets.
- Put away any harmful substances. You want your home to look safe and inviting. Be sure to secure anything dogs could get into, like cleaning supplies and chemicals. Keep in mind these should be put away during your stay as well!
- Check on yard safety. Tidy up the yard and make sure that any fencing is secure.
- Keep the dog’s area clean. Spotless dog beds, bowls, and toys will create an inviting ambiance and attract clients.
If You Offer Services in Your Clients’ Home
If you offer dog walking, house sitting, or drop-in visits, your photoshoot can be anywhere. Some dog-friendly locations include:
- A local park. Dog owners will be excited to see where you might take their dog for a walk.
- Your favorite spots. Hiking trails, a beach, or lakeshore also make picturesque settings.
- Your own neighborhood. These are your stomping grounds. Is there a dog-friendly restaurant, a treelined street, or a locally owned pet store that you could pose in front of? These dog-friendly locations close to home are a great place to take your photos.
Once your photoshoot is complete, the RoverGO team will upload your photos to your profile and make sure you’re good to go. Your photos are the first contact you have with your potential clients, and you want to look your best. By following these tips, you’ll end up with a beautiful profile that pet owners will love.