Whether you’re preparing to start college or already in the thick of it, finding a part-time job that fits your student schedule can be a challenge. Pet sitting, however, is flexible, fun, and the perfect study break for students. You may already have experience taking care of the family dog or watching your neighbor’s cat while she was out of town. Whether you’re looking for a summer job or a side gig during the school year, Rover is an excellent choice for a part-time job for college students.Become a Rover sitter now!
Why does pet sitting work so well for students? Two reasons. First, you get to design the job so it fits your schedule and the amount of work that’s right for you. Second, you get to take advantage of the pet sitting lifestyle. Yeah, it’s a lifestyle.
Create Your Own Part-Time Job
Being a pet sitter is unlike other typical part-time jobs for college students. In this work, you’re the boss and you run the business. Plus, you don’t need a business degree to start your own pet sitting business. Rover gives you the tools you need to get started.
- Set your own work schedule. You don’t always have a choice on when your classes are scheduled, but you do have a choice over your pet sitting schedule. As you design your Rover profile, you’ll determine the days and times that you’re available to work. If you’ve got daytime classes, pet sit in the evening. If you’ve got evening classes, walk dogs during the day. If you don’t have any time during the week, schedule pet sitting on the weekends. You post your availability online, so pet owners can view your schedule and book appointments hassle-free.
- Choose the pet care services that you’ll offer. Pet sitters can offer a variety of pet care services, and you’ll get to decide which services work for your life. If you’re living in the dorm, you won’t be able to board your dog clients overnight, but you can house sit and care for pets at the owner’s home. Check out all of the pet care options: drop-in visits, dog walking, doggie daycare, dog boarding (hosting dogs in your home), and house sitting (pet sitting in the owners home).
- Determine your rates. Pet sitters earn up to $1,000 per month or more. Set the rate that you’ll charge for each pet care service you provide. To determine fair pricing, check out other pet sitters in your area and learn what pet owners are willing to pay. Payment is automatic and secure on the Rover app.
Enjoy The Lifestyle
You’re not flipping burgers, filing paperwork, or standing around at the cash register. Pet sitting is fun, and you’re free to take pet clients out and about with you. Sure, you’ll need to pick-up some poo, but check out these perks:
- More Pet Friends! If you miss your dog at home, pet sitting is a great way to take the edge off. You can count on hours of puppy love or kitty cuddles during your pet sitting appointments. Consider this the best way to take a break from class, homework, and other school stress.
- Get Outside. Feeling trapped in the library? Pet care for dogs requires playtime outside! Grab a ball and get some fresh air. Enjoy playing fetch at the dog park, taking walks around campus, or going for a run. Not only are your dog clients happy when they’re tired, pet owners will love you too.
- Utilize the Rover Community. Rover is committed to your success and provides resources for you to be effective. Get safety tips, pet care tricks, ideas for promoting your business, and advice on how to be the best dog sitter in town. Learn more on Rover.com.
- The Rover Guarantee. As a pet sitter with Rover, you’re not on your own if there are accidents or emergencies. You have 24/7 support including vet assistance for the dogs in your care. Go online to learn more about what the Rover Guarantee includes.
- Take your business with you. You can be a pet sitter anywhere you live. When you’ve finished your finals and are headed home for summer, pick up pet clients back at home. When the summer ends and you’re traveling back to school, update your profile and let your school-year clients know you’re back in town!
Go online now. Here’s how it works:
- Create your profile. Sign up is easy. First, create your profile page including your schedule, services, and rates. Share your skills, experience, and why you love pet sitting. Be sure to include photos of yourself and your pets.
- Pass a Background Check. Rover reviews every profile that’s submitted, so take the time to create a profile that stands out. Once you’re approved, you can begin accepting clients immediately.
- Get Started. Download the Rover app to accept appointments, communicate with pet owners, track important details of playdates, and get paid. Encourage pet owners to review you online, so you can attract other pet owners too!