In addition to your professional photoshoot, RoverGO badge, and curated profile description, as a RoverGO sitter you get a free Welcome Package full of goodies to help promote and grow your business. But how do you use all of this stuff to promote your business? The RoverGO team has compiled a few tips and tricks to help you utilize your welcome package to its maximum potential.
Order Your Kit
Now that your business is up and running, it’s time to order your Welcome Package. Remember the email we sent you letting you know your profile is live? In that same email we’ve included information on how to order your Welcome Package (don’t forget, you get two options!). Respond to this email with your choice and we’ll send you a coupon code so you can order your complimentary kit!
Once you’ve made your selection, it’s time to customize your business cards. Both Welcome Packages come with 50 custom business cards—which are a great way to get your name out there! Each sitter creates a unique promo code that is printed on their business card. Check out the ‘promote’ section of your dashboard to create your unique link and code if you haven’t already!
Tips from the GO Team:
When you’re creating your business cards, keep the following in mind:
- Make sure to edit your code to something fun and memorable, so that you can share it when you’re out for a walk or doing a drop-in visit.
- Try inputting a few options to see what you like best and what your clients will remember.
- Your promo code gives pet owners new to Rover $20 off their first booking—while you’ll still earn your full rate. It’s a win-win!
Use your Goodies
There are so many ways to utilize the items you receive in your Welcome Package. We’ve listed our favorites here:
- T-shirt: wear it when you go to meet and greets, walks, or drop-in visits. It’s a great way to promote yourself.
- Thank you cards: Use your pack of Rover thank you cards to give positive feedback to your furry clients and their owners. This is a great reminder for owners to give you a five-star review and use you again!
- Business Cards: hand out your business cards anywhere people bring their dogs–the dog park, vets office, even the pet shelter is a great place to drop off a card or two. You never know who will pick them up!
- Poop Bags: Not just for scooping up poop! Staple a poop bag to a business card, and attach them to telephone poles or bulletin boards in your neighborhood. That way, local owners can get a free poop bag and a business card that helps promote your profile.
- Bandanas: There are endless possibilities for your bandanas. Use them as accessories when you take photos of canine clients, advertise your business when you’re out on walks, or add them to a goodie bag when dogs are ready to go home.
- Water Bowl: This collapsible water bowl is perfect to bring on walks or car rides so the dogs in your care can enjoy a refreshing drink.
The RoverGO Welcome Package is designed to help you start your business off on the right foot. By utilizing the kit to get your name out there, you’ll get more clients (and furry friends) in no time.