Social Media isn’t just a great way to stay in touch with friends and share your photos–it’s also an awesome place to promote your pet sitting business! The RoverGO team has gathered some tips to help you create an Instagram specific to your dog sitting business.
Craft Your Bio
A great bio tells potential clients a little bit about you. There’s a lot you can highlight in a small space!
- Add your Rover Profile URL to your bio, so clients can find you.
- Do you work with rescue dogs? Specialize in a certain size? Lead with any unique experience you have.
- List your services and schedule, so owners know if you’re a good fit for their dog.
- Provide your EMPM code in your bio to give new clients a discount, if you don’t have a code yet, create one here.
Use a Catchy Name
You want people to know that you’re a pet sitter, so be sure to give your Instagram account a memorable name. Here are some examples of potential accounts:
- Jennifer’s Pet Sitting
- Andy’s Home For Furry Friends
- Doggone Delightful Daycare
- William’s Walks
- Country Canine Retreat
When naming your account, think of the services you provide and your location, that way, owners know what you offer and where you are right away!
Take Great Photos
Great photos are the cornerstone of a successful Instagram account and lucky for you, dogs are the best subjects! Our top tips for taking photos of dogs are:
- Use treats to get the dogs to look at you- some dogs are camera shy, but will make eye contact for a treat.
- Shoot in the soft light of morning and evening- these “golden hours” are great for photoshoots because the light is so flattering.
- Engage the dog with a toy- get some action shots with Fido’s favorite toy.
- Take candids- candid photos capture your canine clients the way their owners see them. Try to take photos of dogs napping, playing, eating, or exploring.
- Don’t forget to use Instagram stories! It’s a great way to use those extra captures and let owners see what’s going on in your business in real time.
Also, feel free to use shots from your RoverGO photoshoot!
The hashtag #RoverGO is a great way to connect with other GO sitters–and Rover itself. Plus, if you use the #RoverGO hashtag, you just might be featured by our main Rover.com social media account! Here are some great hashtags sitters on Rover use:
- Don’t forget–use hashtags specific to your city to connect with local sitters and owners.
Make it Personal
Potential clients want to get to know you–and social media is another way to interact with them. Make a connection by:
- Posting photos of you interacting with dogs.
- Documenting the special things you do for your clients.
- Mentioning your availability for the upcoming month or week.
- Featuring current clients, so their owners can see what they’re up to in real time.
Instagram is a fun way to feature your canine clients, and drum up more business. Make sure you follow Rover’s Instagram account (@roverdotcom) for inspirational pet photos and ideas. If you’d like some suggestions for your account, feel free to reach out to the GO team!