In addition to our COVID-19 Sitter Resources Guide, below are some answers to frequently asked questions to help bring some clarity to our community:
Am I able to book pet care on Rover?
Pet care is available to book on Rover—however, local regulations may vary. We encourage you to become familiar with and abide by your local regulations when booking.
Prior to booking services, be sure to review the safety guidelines below.
What can I do to make my Rover services safer during this time?
We compiled some tips below to help keep everyone safe during stays and walks on Rover.
- Be up front with pet parents about your own safety preferences and include them in your sitter profile.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has, please communicate that to your client prior to booking.
- Prior to all services, do your best to answer questions virtually. Rover offers several tools to help with this:
- We encourage you to have candid conversations with pet owners about the measures you’re taking to protect yourself (and them). Request that they match your safety preferences.
- We recommend that everyone in the Rover community wash their hands frequently.
- Where possible, meet outdoors. Keep your interactions short and try to maintain a 6-foot distance.
- Wear a cloth face covering, as recommended by the CDC, and follow local guidelines to ensure both you and your sitter feel safe and comfortable.
- Visit vaccines.gov to find vaccination providers near you, and follow CDC guidance.
- Offer to bring your own leash or request that they sanitize their leash before the hand off.
- Learn more about your state’s health recommendations.
What if I’m not comfortable accepting requests right now?
To help you get the requests you want and avoid the ones you don’t, we encourage you take advantage of these tools that are available to you:
- Away mode: If you don’t want to receive requests for a specific service, away mode will ensure you don’t show up in search results for that service. Set services to away
- Repeat only: If you only want to receive requests from people you’ve booked with before. Set services to repeat
- Calendar: Keep your calendar updated to make sure you’re getting requests for dates you know you’re available. Update my calendar
We encourage you to use discretion when accepting stays and refer to the World Health Organization and local agencies for guidance.
Will my cancellation policy be impacted during the coronavirus pandemic?
Should you choose to cancel a service for reasons of personal safety or legal compliance, know that Rover supports you. To override your cancellation policy for a particular client, just let us know and we can handle the rest.
Should you wish to adjust your cancelation policy for future bookings, you can do so here. To override your cancellation policy for a particular client, please contact Rover Support for the US here and for Canada here.
What do I need to know about pets and COVID-19?
While extremely rare, according to the CDC, some animals can catch Covid-19. There’s currently no evidence of transmission to humans.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
We know there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now and your situation may change rapidly, which is why our 24/7 support team is here to help. Please let us know if you have questions, concerns, or feedback for us by getting in touch here for the US and for Canada here.