Lucas is a handsome German shepherd mix located just outside of San Antonio, Texas. He has been at the Bulverde Animal Shelter since March 1, 2012. You read that right. Lucas has been patiently waiting for a home for six years.
Shelter workers think Lucas gets looked over because he barks at people when they approach his kennel, but his true demeanor couldn’t be further from that tough-guy exterior.
According to Lucas’ adoption profile, Lucas possesses these fine qualities:
- Knows ‘sit’
- Good on the leash
- Takes treats gently
- Housebroken, and rarely messes his kennel
- Okay with other dogs.
- Loves kids. His favorite day is when kids come to read to him.
- A home. Lucas has been in the shelter for over 60% of his life.
- Lucas doesn’t warm up to every man right off the bat, but is very comfortable with women.
- Trust and confidence. Like any dog stuck in the system, he needs to bond with a family and regain his trust in people.
Are you Lucas’ angel? Do you know someone ready to share their home with a calm older dog? Reach out to the Bulverde Animal Shelter and give Lucas a chance.
Hat Tip: KSAT