Please note: Rover Now is only available in select cities at this time.
With Rover Now walking, owners have a fast, hassle-free way to book walks on demand. Just provide some details of the walk that you need on the Rover app, and a great dog walker will be at your door!
How Rover Now walking works
- Pick a walk time. You can book different walks to fit your schedule:
- Now: Get a walk within an hour.
- Later: Get one or more walks in the future.
- Tell us about your walk and your dog. Provide instructions on how the walker can enter your home, where to find your dog and leash, and let us know your dog’s behaviors.
- Receive a free lockbox. Get a free lockbox so that you can get walks any time you need, even when you’re not home. Learn more about how to get a lockbox here.
- We’ll send a walker. Once you submit your request, we’ll send over a trusted walker that matches your needs.
- Pay a flat rate. $20 per walk ($25 in San Francisco) and $5 per extra dog. You’re charged once the walk is started.
- Receive updates. We’ll text you updates when the walk starts and stops. We’ll also send a Rover Card after the walk which will include a map of your dog’s walk and photos.
About on-demand dog walkers
At Rover, we’re dog people—just like you. Safety is our top priority, and we’ve prescreened and met each dog walker in this new program. This screening includes passing a criminal background check as well as completing online and in-person education and tests. Every dog walk is covered by 24/7 support, reservation protection, and the Rover Guarantee. You and your dog are part of the Rover family.
Love your last dog walker? Mark them as Preferred during the walk review process. Your preferred dog walkers will always be among the first to see your future on-demand dog walk requests. You can also send direct requests to dog walkers you’ve booked before right from your Rover inbox, as long as they accept direct requests.
Still have questions?
Ready to get started or have questions about Rover Now? Feel free to text us at 206-207-8863. We’re happy to help!