Today, our Rover.com team announced an extension of dog safety for our sitters by partnering with 1-800-HELP-4-PETS, a national leader in pet safety, to include their Pet Protector ID as part of our Sitter Protection Package.
Now when Rover.com sitters sign-up for the Sitter Protection Package, which is $49.95 per year, they will receive a 1-800-HELP-4-PETS Pet Protector ID tag to attach to their Rover dog’s collar during their stay. The tag has a unique ID number that is connected to the sitter’s profile and contact information. Dogs wearing the tags will be connected to a 24/7 live emergency hotline with expert support from 1-800-HELP-4-PETS in addition to the support provided by Rover.com.
Ultimately, the 1-800-HELP-4-PETS Pet Protector ID tag is a lifesaving link to a 24/7, nationwide “911” system for pets. And because it’s visible on the pet, it’s the fastest, easiest way for the pet to get help in any emergency.
“This extension of dog safety allows us to ensure our sitters have the ability to take the utmost precautions while dog sitting,” said Kristen Forecki, Director of Customer Experience at Rover.com. “Dog safety is our number one priority, and we’re excited to have such an experienced, qualified partner like 1-800-HELP-4-PETS to support us in this commitment.”
In addition to the 1-800-HELP-4-PETS Pet Protector ID tags, Rover.com sitters who enroll in the Sitter Protection Package will also get:
- Subscription to Ask a Vet: With this sitters can contact a licensed veterinarian anytime, day or night.
- Protection badge on their profile: The badge is added directly to their profile and shows dog owners that they can offer an increased level of safety.
- Eligibility for Peace of Mind Plus: Sitters who subscribe and maintain an average rating of 4.5 stars or higher are eligible for Peace of Mind Plus, which reimburses up to $5,000 of emergency vet bills in excess of $200.
- Eligibility for Rover Pack: Rover Pack members are the best of the best, and are more likely to receive requests and repeat bookings. Enrollment in the Protection Package is a prerequisite to be part of this group.
- Priority for last minute stays: The Rover Concierge team looks for excellent sitters available for last minute stays. Enrolling in the Protection Package along with responsiveness and a flexible schedule, will prioritize their profile.