Good news—we made some changes to our popular Rover Q&A Community, where you can ask and answer questions about all things dog, including dog sitting. Here’s the cherry on top: Enter Rover’s Q&A Giveaway from December 3rd through 11th for your chance to win a holiday prize pack!
Here’s What We Changed
Created a Sleek Design with a Simple Layout
We did some decluttering and made it easier for you to engage with other dog lovers, whether you’re asking, answering, or just browsing. (If you’ve ever taken pictures of your dog before and after a grooming, it’s kinda like that.)
Made It Easier to Use
If you’ve ever tried switching a dog’s mealtime, you know consistency is important. We’ve made our Q&A Community even more intuitive. Now:
- All questions must end with a question mark (we know, pretty basic).
- All questions need at least one tag (topic) so they’re easier to find.
- From the top of the page, you can select “Tags” to view questions and answers by topic. This is especially helpful if you want to learn more about a topic but don’t have a specific question. And if you land on a specific question, you can select the tag under that question to learn more about that topic.
Added Three Categories
We added three categories at the top of the page for easy browsing:
- Dog Questions: General info about dogs, like why pugs have bulgy eyes or how you can stop dogs from marking.
- Sitter-to-Sitter: How other Rover sitters do business, handle sitter-specific situations, find referrals, and more.
- Using Rover: How to use the site and app, as well as other support questions. (For support questions, we encourage you to visit our Help Center first—your question may already have an answer there.)
If you want to ask a question, we’ll ask you to self-select which category your question belongs to. That way, your question will land in the category where it’s likely to find a good answer.
Customized What Questions Show for You
Like you, we’re dog lovers first, so we’re now highlighting Dog Questions front and center. You have to be logged in to see Sitter-to-Sitter and Using Rover questions and answers. We want to make sure we’re showing info that’s most relevant for anyone who visits, whether you’re a Rover sitter or have never heard of us before.
Fixed What Wasn’t Working
Nothing’s more frustrating than broken technology (well, except maybe a dog that won’t go to the bathroom if it’s raining even a little bit), so we fixed most of the bugs to give you a smoother experience.
Here’s How You Can Win a Holiday Prize Pack and Custom Pet Portrait:
Rover’s holiday giveaway is here, and it’s easy to enter.
- Go to our Q&A Community.
- Ask questions to get points.
- One question = one point
- Repeat as many times as you want from December 3rd through December 11th. We’ll keep track of your points, but we recommend keeping your own log too so you can easily see how you’re doing.
- After December 11th, we’ll choose our winner in a drawing. The more points you have, the more times you’ll be entered—and the better your chances are of winning the prize pack.
You’ll learn a ton of new stuff along the way (some of our favorite questions and answers so far include how to give wily dogs pills and the best toys for aggressive chewers). Read the contest’s official rules here, and go to our Q&A Community to get started. We’ll see you there!