Orbitz’s ”A Vacation For You & A Vacation For Your Dog” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Promotion.
- Eligibility: The “A Vacation For You & A Vacation For Your Dog” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (“United States”) and Canada (excluding Quebec), (“Canada”), who are (i) the age of majority and at least eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry, (ii) have a Rover.com account in good standing at the time of entry, and (iii) who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of Orbitz Worldwide, LLC, (“Orbitz”), A Place For Rover, Inc. (“Rover”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Orbitz Worldwide, LLC, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (PT) on April 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on May 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, fill out the form at www.rover.com/orbucksforrover to create a free Orbitz Rewards account (to be used on Orbitz.com) and you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). By filling out this form, you agree to provide Rover.com with your email address for the sole purpose of having Rover.com provide that email address to Sponsor to create your Orbitz Rewards account and enter you into the Sweepstakes.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address per Entry Period. Entries will not be acknowledged. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Orbitz’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing your information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Submissions: By entering, you grant Sponsor, and its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) license and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, responses to the questions, as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional notification, review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. You agree that the Sponsor may use the aggregate information collected from the competition for related research and marketing purposes. Participants warrant that their Mail-in Request is their own work.
- Drawing: On or about June 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM PT at 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661, Sponsor will conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received to select one (1) potential Prize (defined below) winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received in connection with the Sweepstakes Period.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified via the email address they used to enter the Sweepstakes. If the potential Prize winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release (which releases the Sweepstakes Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns collectively, the “Released Parties” from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof), an IRS W-9 form (for US residents) and a publicity release within ten (10) days of the date of issuance. Section (b) above applies to all winners, not only Canadian residents. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential Prize winner). Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to compete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. These Releases will require the Prize winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes the winner’s consent that his/her name, likeness, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
- Prize: There is one (1) prize (“Prize”) available to be won at the start of the Sweepstakes Period. The Prize Winner will receive a Prize that consists of (i) $1,000 Orbucks (deposited directly into their account digitally) and $250 in Rover credit (digital code that cannot be shared with another person). Orbucks and Rover credit are each subject to additional terms and conditions. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: US $1,250.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes is up to $1,250 USD.
Prize winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, airfare, luggage fees, hotel accommodations, meals, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign, or substitute the prize, or redeem the prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express of implied by Sponsor.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Rover, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Results: To request a winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Orbitz’s A Vacation For You & A Vacation For Your Dog Sweepstakes Winner List,” 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Entry Period.