You love dogs and you’re not afraid who knows it. We salute you fellow dog lovers, because you know as well as we do: beyond pets, our dogs are our friends and family. But have you crossed over from pet parent to pet-obsessed? Find out…
1. You go the extra mile every Halloween to make sure your pal has the snappiest get-up on the block. And when it comes to fur painting, you already know all about PetPaint, because that toxic stuff just won’t do.
2. Every time you’re out driving and see a cute dog on the sidewalk (or in the car next to you), you have to alert everyone in the vehicle. In fact, every time you see a cute dog, it’s like the first time (LOOK! A CUTE DOG!).
3. You get super revved up for your daily walks with dog-themed playlists like this one.
4. Nothing brings you greater joy than ruffling your dog’s ears first thing in the morning. The smell of the top of your dog’s head is your favorite thing in the world. It immediately resets your stress levels.
5. You have at least ten terms of endearment for your pal. From bubby to pookie-schnookums, your propensity for embarrassing your dog knows no bounds.
6. You’ve cumulatively spent at least a few hours wondering, “which poop bag is best?” (I know we have: check out this post).
7. You include your dog in game day festivities. From regalia to nachos, you’ve got your four legged friend’s back.
8. You see that your dog has an itch, but can’t quite reach it, so you lend a helping hand.
9. You’ve referred to other dogs in your neighborhood or dog-friendly workplace as your dog’s “boyfriend” or “girlfriend.” You know your dog so well and your dog-dar has become so advanced, you can tell your pal totally fancies that labrador with the Clooney-esque swagger across the office.
10. The first time you saw this series of sensual pooches, you were rolling on the floor in tears. If only dogs could blush…
11. You’ve paced the dog food aisle for inordinate amounts of time trying to figure out what treat your dog will like best. Beggin’ Strips? Molasses flavored biscuits? All the options can be overwhelming!
12. Maybe—just maybe—you own a t-shirt with your dog’s face on it. Just for laundry day. And weekends. And occasional casual Fridays.
13. You spend more on your dog’s grooming than your own head of hair. In fact, that avocado shampoo you use to get your dog sparkly clean cost twice as much as the Pantene sitting in your shower caddy…and you’re 100% okay with that.
14. You apologize to your dog—out loud—when you accidentally throw the ball past the fence, or anytime you walk past the dog park but don’t have time to stop. And you genuinely feel bad about it.
Top image via Flickr/xan latta