The weather outside is frightful, but dog sweaters are so delightful! However, getting the sweater on the dog that can seem like a bit of a Christmas miracle. Wondering how to put a dog in a sweater? Here’s how it worked for me. Don’t worry—I succeeded. Eventually.
How to Put a Dog in a Sweater: Featuring Noodles and Edison
1. Select the outfit.
2. Create a winter scene.
3. Call the dog(s) over.
4. If your dog practically walks into the sweater, you’re pretty much done.
5. Get ready for a close-up. Aaah—too close. A little too close.
6. If your dog doesn’t walk into the sweater, chase that naked dog around the room.
7. Oops, you’ve made a game of it.
8. Tempt the dog with treats.
9. Let them eat the treats without putting the sweater on because, aww, so cute.
10. Get better treats.
11. Get the dog’s head through the sweater, leading them through the neck hole with a treat.
12. Foiled again.
13. Lead the dog’s head through the sweater again.
14. Make sure their head is all the way through the neck hole.
15. Put the first arm through the sweater’s opening.
16. Put the second arm through the other arm hole.
18. Pull the sweater down. Success!
19. Call your dog over (with treats) to pose for a picture of your efforts.
20. Realize the picture might have been better in your head.
21. Delete most of the photos but keep the sweater(s) on.
22. Revel in your victory.