Book once. Get paid weekly. Recurring bookings make scheduling ongoing dog walks, drop-in visits, and day care stays a cinch for sitters and pet owners. In this article, we’ll go over:
How It Works
- Set up your ongoing booking. When booking a dog walk, day care stay, or drop-in visit, select ‘Recurring.’
Go here for more info on how to book.
- Send a Rover Card each time. We’ll only know if a service happened—and the sitter or dog walker will only get paid—if a Rover Card is sent.
Go here for more info on Rover Cards.
- Sitters get paid weekly—just like that. And if something changes, your recurring booking can be canceled at any time.
Go here for more on how to cancel a booking.
Modifying a Recurring Booking
Sitters and dog walkers can modify the schedule for a recurring booking right from their Rover inbox. Pet owners can’t edit recurring bookings directly, but can request modifications from their sitter or dog walker.
Important: Modifications take effect the week after they’re made. All edits should be completed by 11:59 p.m. Sunday for them to take place the following week.
Adding an Extra Booking
Need to add an extra walk, drop-in, or day care stay to an existing recurring booking? No problem! Sitters and dog walkers can do this right from the Rover app by simply creating a new Rover Card. Pet owners will be billed separately for extra bookings.
To create a new Rover Card, do the following:
- Open the Rover app and tap Today.
- Tap the icon at the top right of your screen to see a list of recurring clients.
- Tap the client’s name to begin a new Rover Card.
Q: How do I cancel individual walks, drop-ins, or day care stays?
A: Recurring bookings also make one-off cancellations easier—the sitter or dog walker simply doesn’t send a Rover Card, and they won’t get paid for that stay or walk.
Q: When will the pet owner be charged? When will the sitter or dog walker get paid?
A: The pet owner will be charged for the coming week each Monday. The sitter or dog walker will be paid out each Tuesday, for the previous week’s service.
Q: What happens if the sitter or dog walker forgets to send a Rover Card?
A: If a Rover Card isn’t sent, we’ll assume the booking didn’t happen. To be sure, we’ll send an email to the sitter:
- If the booking didn’t happen, the sitter can select a confirmation link in the email which will initiate a refund to the pet owner.
- If the booking did happen, the sitter can call Rover Support to verbally confirm and be paid out as normal.
- If the sitter does nothing, after 7 days the pet owner will be refunded and the hold on the sitter’s payment will be lifted.