Rover’s The Dog People is looking for experienced freelancers to join our team of expert contributors. Ideal candidates have experience pitching and writing pet-centric content, with a special place in their hearts for dogs and cats.
We’re especially interested in candidates from diverse backgrounds to ensure that our stories represent all the voices that make up the Rover community.
We’re actively seeking:
Freelance Shopping Writers
Ideal freelance shopping writers are well-versed in the pet care market, with a flare for concise, thoughtful copy and a passion for connecting people with pet products that spark joy. We’d love to hear from candidates with
- 1+ year of experience pitching and writing published articles
- Experience with pets, pet products, and best practices for pet care and/or training
- Strong knowledge of the pet care industry and trending pet topics
- Boundless enthusiasm for digging into the details of pet care—whether that’s researching the most durable poop bags or diving deep into the pros and cons of front-facing D-rings on a harness
Writers, trainers, and enthusiastic pet parents are welcome! Please send a resume, cover letter, and 2–3 published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Freelance Shopping Writer” in the subject line.
Freelance Trending Writers
To help us craft trending, fun, pet-centric content with the potential to go viral, we’re seeking writers with the following qualifications:
- Experience proactively pitching these kind of stories, having them accepted, and seeing them go viral
- An affinity for and love of pets, or other pet-specific writing expertise
- An established, active presence on multiple social media platforms
- Familiarity with our content
Please send a brief introductory email that demonstrates your qualifications and links to 2–3 of your published clips to email@example.com with “Freelance Trending Writer” in the subject line.
Ideal freelance copyeditors are pros of the digital age, prepared to copyedit articles, optimize images, and align copy with SEO best practices. We offer training in our own editorial process, but strong candidates will be
- Well-versed in AP style and prepared to demonstrate proficiency in a copyediting practical
- Comfortable working in WordPress and familiar with HTML
- Eagle-eyed optimizers able to spot images that need resizing and keywords that should be redistributed
- Enthusiastic pet parents and pet lovers with strong knowledge of the pet care industry
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Freelance Copyeditor” in the subject line.
Have questions? Feel free to direct queries to email@example.com with “Job Query” in the subject line.