Rover ‘Dog Costume’ Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or CHEEZBURGER. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion MUST be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook OR CHEEZBURGER.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Rover ‘Dog Costume’ Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to individuals who: (i) submit a photo via the comment section of the Promotion entry posts on Rover’s or Cheezburger’s Facebook page, as set forth below; (ii) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (iii) are legal residents of the United States. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. Officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of A Place for Rover, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Cheezburger, Inc. (“Cheezburger”), their respective subsidiaries, and each of their respective immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are NOT eligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winners.
2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Promotion begins and ends at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Entry Period,” starting with the “Beginning Time” and ending with the “End Time”):
|Beginning Time||End Time|
|9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on 10/26/2015||5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on 10/30/2015|
3. HOW TO ENTER. Submit a photo of your dog in a Halloween costume to either the Promotion entry post on Rover’s Facebook page (located at [https://facebook.com/RoverDotCom/photos/a.199734310125669.40891.199712676794499/839925619439865/]) or the Promotion entry post on Cheezburger’s Facebook page (located at [https://www.facebook.com/Cheezburger/photos/a.246627515405578.57501.246619938739669/922135041188152/]) during the Entry Period. All eligible entries received during the Entry Period will be entered in the drawing for a prize. Limit one entry per person. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION. Two (2) potential winners of a prize will be selected by random drawing on or about October 31, 2015, by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
6. PRIZE; ARV; ODDS OF WINNING. Two (2) prizes will be awarded, each consisting of: one (1) $50 gift card for Rover.com services and one (1) Rover.com swag package with an estimated value of $100. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $150.00. ARV of all prizes: $300.00. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Prizes are not transferable. If a potential winner chooses not to take possession of a prize for any reason, prize may be awarded to another entrant, who shall be chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of a prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. If the Prize Notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
8. WAIVER OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, you waive any and all claims against Sponsor, Cheezburger and Facebook, and each of their respective parent corporations and/or subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, INCLUDING INJURY OR DEATH, from participation in the Promotion or from the receipt, use OR MISUSE of any prize. Released Parties makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the Promotion or any prize, and to the extent allowable under law, fully disclaims all such warranties. Each entrant and winner assume all damages from participation in the Promotion or use of a prize, and waive all claims against Released Parties arising therefrom. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or publishing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any misdirected, lost, late, inaccurate or incomplete entries, and such entries will be void. Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, (b) garbled or jumbled transmissions, (c) service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, (d) unauthorized human intervention or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information.
9. CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS. By entering this Promotion, entrant gives his or her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor and third-parties directed by Sponsor through entrant’s Facebook account and at any email address or telephone number provided by entrant. Acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s permission to Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, city and state of residence and entry materials for advertising, promotional, editorial, and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter created, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
10. CHOICE OF LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Washington govern this Promotion without reference to choice of law principles. ANY DISPUTE REGARDING THE PROMOTION IS EXCLUSIVELY SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION WITH ONE (1) ARBITRATOR SITTING IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON PURSUANT TO THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ANY OBJECTION TO VENUE IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON, WHETHER SUCH OBJECTION IS BASED ON LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION, IMPROPER VENUE, FORUM NON CONVENIENS, OR THE LIKE.
11. GENERAL TERMS. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with the Official Rules and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Promotion is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion at any time. If the Promotion is terminated prior to the published end date of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize based on the eligible entries received before the date of termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if any invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. FTC DISCLOSURE GUIDELINES. To the extent a winner posts or publishes a review of any prize, the winner must comply with the FTC’s endorsement guidelines: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising: Notice Announcing Adoption of Revised Guides.
13. SPONSOR; WINNERS LIST. The Sponsor of this Promotion is A Place for Rover, Inc., 2101 4th Ave., Suite 400; Seattle, WA 98121. For a winners list, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: A Place for Rover, Inc., Attn: October 2015 Dog Costume Sweepstakes Winners List, 2101 4th Ave., Suite 400; Seattle, WA 98121 within thirty (30) days of expiration of the Entry Period.