No. M&Ms contain chocolate, and chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains chemicals called methylxanthines like caffeine and theobromine, which dogs cannot break down like we can. Chocolate poisoning can cause severe symptoms and even death. In addition, high amounts of sugar and fats are unhealthy for dogs, and can cause pancreatitis which can be painful and even fatal. Call your vet if you think your dog has eaten M&Ms.
Symptoms to Watch For
- Increased body temperature
- Rapid breathing
For More Information
We’ve got tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, from common snacks to fruits. You might also be interested in “Why is chocolate bad for dogs?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.