No. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. It contains methylxanthines like caffeine and theobromine, which dogs cannot break down like we can. Chocolate poisoning can cause severe symptoms and even death. In addition, candy may contain additional ingredients that are toxic, such as xylitol and raisins. If your dog has eaten chocolate candy, call your vet immediately.
Symptoms to Watch For
- Increased body temperature
- Rapid breathing
For More Information
We’ve got tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, from common snacks to fruits. You might also be interested in “Why is chocolate bad for dogs?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.