The health and wellbeing of our community is a top priority for Rover.
We are actively monitoring the COVID‑19 situation and we’ll continue to update these frequently asked questions to support our community as the situation evolves.
For more information, visit our resource page for pet parents.
Am I able to book pet care on Rover?
Pet care is available to book on Rover, however local laws and regulations may vary. We encourage you to become familiar with and abide by your local laws and regulations when booking.
Prior to booking services, be sure to review the safety guidelines below.
What can I do to ensure the health and safety of myself and my pets during Rover services?
Staying healthy is of utmost importance. We compiled some tips below to help keep everyone safe during stays and walks on Rover. We encourage you to be up front with your sitter about your own safety preferences and find a good match by looking at your sitter’s safety preferences in their profile.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has, please communicate that to your sitter prior to booking.
- Prior to any service, do your best to ask questions virtually. Rover offers several tools to help facilitate these conversations:
- We encourage you to have candid conversations with your sitter about the measures you’re taking to protect yourself. Confirm that your safety precautions align with your sitter’s.
- Check to see if your preferred sitter has noted any COVID-19 safety preferences in their profile.
- We recommend that everyone in the Rover community wash their hands frequently.
- Keep your interactions short and try to maintain a 6-foot distance.
- Wear a cloth face covering, as recommended by the CDC.
- Sanitize your dog’s leash before handing it to your sitter and request that they do the same before giving it back.
- Learn more about your state’s health recommendations.
- For pet owners in Washington DC, Denver, Austin, and Seattle, view Rover’s grooming safety protocols are here.
What should I do if I need to change or cancel an upcoming booking?
As always, you can make changes to booked stays here and if you need to cancel please reach out to your sitter or walker.
What is Rover’s policy for cancellations during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Each individual sitter and walker is running their own small business through Rover, which means they manage their own cancellation policies.
We are encouraging everyone in the Rover community to remain aware of their local regulations.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
We know there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now and plans may change rapidly, which is why our support team is here to help. Please let us know if you have questions, concerns, or feedback for us by getting in touch here for the US and for Canada here.