BECOME A DOG WALKER WITH ROVER.COM

Date Updated: 2017-01-10

 

Looking for a job as a dog walker? Why not start your own business instead and work on contract? Walk dogs in Bellevue, WA with Rover.com, the nation’s most trusted network of dog walkers and pet sitters. You'll earn $12 per half hour walk - that's $24.00 per hour!

Whether you only have an hour to spare or want to spend the whole day walking dogs, Rover dog walking offers the flexibility you need. Start a nearby walk in the app within minutes, or book a walk for later on.

The Rover app makes it easy to walk dogs on your schedule:

  • Now - Arrive within 30 minutes of accepting the walk
  • Later - Accept a one-time or recurring walk for a specific time

 

Rover by the numbers

140,000+ dog walkers and pet sitters from coast to coast.

Every 4 seconds an owner books a Rover walk or stay.

11,000 North American cities are home to dog owners who use Rover.

 

Become a dog walker

 

 

Looking for dog walker jobs in Bellevue?

Why not start your own business instead? When you list your services on Rover, you get access to thousands of dog owners near you who are looking for the perfect dog walker.

Use the Rover app

You'll get notifications with nearby requests, access info about your dog clients, and send updates. (The app is required.)

Access 24/7 support

Rover is the nation's largest community of 5-star dog walkers, and we're here for you every step of the way.

Get Rover certified

Learn everything you need to succeed. Pass a background check, get your profile approved, and earn your Rover certification.

Enjoy quick payments

Get $12 per walk (plus $3 if the owner has another dog). You'll get paid within 48 hours of finishing your walk.

 

Get started

 

Frequently asked questions

 

How much can I make as a Rover dog walker?

Since you set your schedule, you can make as much or as little as you like. You'll earn $12 for each 30-minute walk (plus $3 for each additional dog). If you offer other Rover services, you'll set your own rates and keep 80% of your earnings (the other 20% helps us cover benefits like the costs of processing payments and ongoing promotion of Rover dog walkers and sitters—as well 24/7 support, important site maintenance, and product improvements).

 

What's the process to become a Rover walker?

Since you won't meet most dog owners before you walk their dogs, your certification will help you earn their trust. Here's how it works: You'll get started by creating your Rover profile, then our in-house team will manually review and approve it. After that, you'll earn your walking certification, which includes online lessons and orientation, plus an in-person harness test. Once you're certified, you'll be part of the nation's most trusted community of dog walkers.

 

Am I eligible to become a Rover walker?

You need to be at least 18 years old, have the latest Rover app for iOS or Android, able to pass a background check, and be available on weekdays. Beyond that, dog walkers come from a variety of backgrounds. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker, Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a vet tech, vet assistant, kennel assistant, or in any pet care or animal care field, you could make money with Rover while building your professional skills. But of course, nothing is more important than a genuine love of dogs.

 

Can I offer other services besides dog walking?

Absolutely! You can also offer dog boarding (watching dogs overnight in your home), house sitting (taking care of your client's dog and their home overnight), day care, and drop-in visits—it's up to you.

 

Make up to $1,000 (or more!) per month walking dogs.

Get started