Hi! My name is Brooke and I'm a 30 year old business professional looking to provide a fun, homelike haven for your dog while you're away. I live in a 760 sqft apartment in Queen Village. My building and neighborhood are both very dog friendly, with plenty of great areas to go for a walk. Washington Square is only ten blocks away, along with a large dog park on 10th and Lombard!
I currently volunteer for Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS). I perform various tasks at the PAWS adoption shelter on 2nd and Arch, and I am also a dog handler at PAWS adoption events. I've also had family dogs all of my life, so I have a lot of experience caring for animals.
- 760 sqft apartment - hardwood floors, lots of natural light, a large balcony, central air conditioning & heat
- Dog friendly apartment building and neighborhood; other tenants and surrounding residents have dogs
- I have a daytime office job. So, evenings and weekends would work best, unless your dog is ok being alone during the day.
- I have a lot of experience taking care of dogs: I grew up with a Collie and a Cockapoo. While volunteering at PAWS, I have cared for dogs of all sizes and ages, including Pittbulls and Dachshunds
- I will provide whatever your dog needs in regards to nutrition, exercise, playing, and cuddling
I work for Lockheed Martin in Moorestown, NJ performing contract management for a US government program. I studied Supply Chain and Information Systems at Penn State University in State College, PA. I love living in Philadelphia - the city has so much to offer!
I have been a dog lover since we had our first family dog when I was 4 years old. My love for dogs has grown in the past 4 years after losing my family Cockapoo to cancer, and after I started volunteering for local animal shelters.
I would like to know whether your dog likes to go on a lot of walks, where he/she likes to sleep, his/her eating habits, and his/her typical reaction to other dogs so that I can be adequately prepared. I have no breed preferences. Since I have a pretty small apartment, it might not be enough space for a ‘giant’ sized dog.
I have a readily accessible car in case of an emergency.
Your dog will sleep on my comfy couch or on a comfy dog bed on the floor. If your dog would feel comfortable in his own bed/crate, he/she is welcome to bring it along.
I live in a great neighborhood that offers a lot of nice areas for taking a walk. I'm about ten blocks from Washington Square and a large dog park on 10th and Lombard. All of these places are clean, pet-friendly places for a pooch to catch some fresh air.