Summer is here which means there is only one place your pooch wants to go: the Dog Park! Dog parks are a great place to give your dog the exercise he needs and the fun he deserves. Here is a list of DO’s and DON’Ts for your trip to the dog park:
- Clean up after your dog. Many dog parks provide waste bags, but some do not. Remember to bring your own to the park!
- Make sure your dog’s ID tags and registration are up do date.
- Make sure your dog’s vaccinations are up-to-date.
- Be careful to close and latch the gates behind you!
- Make sure your dog has plenty of water.
- Allow your dog off-leash unless the posted park rules allow it. Many parks only allow off-leash dogs in designated areas.
- Bring an aggressive dog that is not properly socialized.
- Bring small puppies and could be scared or injured by larger/older dogs. Vets recommend waiting until your puppy is fully inoculated before introducing them to other dogs.
- Bring food or rawhide toys/treats, as these can incite aggressive behavior.
- Take your eye off your dog—they need supervision!
We want to hear from you!
What is your pup’s favorite thing to do at the dog park? Have you learned any good tips to add when taking your dog to the park? Do you have any funny dog park stories?